Facet Technologies, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Web Designer Intern. Applicants must be highly motivated and willing to work in a challenging, quickly changing, and diverse entrepreneurial environment.
Job Description: The Designer / Developer Intern will be mentored by senior staff and assigned various tasks to work on independently and take direction on specific projects.
- Creating design mock-ups in Photoshop
- Programming of web templates based on approved mock-ups
- Replicating web templates
Requirements: Qualified candidates preferably will possess knowledge of at least some of the following:
- HTML & CSS (specifically HTML5 and CSS3)
- Able to take a page layout from Photoshop and convert to HTML and CSS
- Familiarity with front end frameworks such as Foundation or Bootstrap and dynamic style sheets (LESS or SASS)
- Experienced with Responsive Design
- Understands browser limitations and workarounds (specifically IE8+, Chrome, Firefox, Safari)
- Comfortable working independently while adhering to frequent deadlines and communicating project status to team leads consistently
Pursuing a degree in Computer Science preferred or equivalent education and/or experience. Successful candidates will be encouraged to further their education and continue to update and maintain computer software certifications.