Employee Featured Recipe: Brad’s Snickerdoodle Cheesecake
This month’s recipe is courtesy of Network Technician Brad Strickler. He says this recipe is a favorite that is asked for often at family gatherings.
1 log sugar cookie dough
3 Tablespoons cinnamon sugar
3 9-oz. blocks cream cheese (softened)
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup sour cream
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8″ springform pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine cookie dough annd cinnamon sugar, mix until evenly incorporated. Press half of the dough into the bottom of the springform pan (Leftover dough can be baked as cookies).
3. In another large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and sour cream and beat until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition. Stir in vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Pour batter over the cookie dough crust.
4. Bake until slightly jiggly in the center, about 1 hour. Turn off the oven and open the door slightly and let the cheesecake cool for 1 hour. Then refrigerate until completely cooled, from 4 hours to overnight.
5. Roll remaining dough into small balls then flatten slightly on a baking sheet. Bake until starting to turn golden around the edges, about 10 minutes. Let cool on a cooling rack.
6. Before serving, sprinkle top of cheesecake with extra cinnamon sugar. Garnish with snickerdoodle cookies (or snack on the cookies separately).